Monday, February 10, 2014

Music By Janelle Monae

"I've never forgotten where I come from," she says. "It's crazy, but I really want to be the one to show everyone back home that it can be done. And not by selling drugs but by being passionate about the right thing and the right things will come your way." She pays homage to her parents with a signature black-and-white tuxedo she wears for every performance. "I call it my uniform," she explained. "My mother was a janitor and my father collected trash, so I wear a uniform too. “Janelle Monae is an American R&B and soul musician, composer and record producer signed to Wonderland Art Society, Bad Boy Records and Atlantic Records. Janelle Monae has a positive affect on society because she went against the odds and made music that sends positive messages out to women. She only wears black and white suits and tuxedoes because her parents have to wear a uniform to work. She does not use profanity in her music and she aims to uplift people in her music. For Example, her song Q.U.E.E.N was very uplifting to the black women and encouraged the way black women dance.



No comments:

Post a Comment